HMF Office gets a Mezzanine
Extra: Hampshire Mezzanine Floors
HMF required additional office space. We already had a first floor office area on an existing mezzanine floor together with an open storage area for archive materials. The existing first floor office area was increased by approximately 65% whilst maintaining extensive stocks of storage equipment below.
The works involved included:
- Re-siting pallet racking in our warehouse to accommodate mezzanine extension.
- Clearing existing storage platform area of racking, handrail and loading gate.
- Forming 3 openings in external wall for 3 new windows.
- Erecting a new mezzanine floor and a building access platform to an existing staircase for escape purposes. (this meant we could remove an existing staircase on the existing storage platform so we could be more efficient with the new office layout)
- Dismantling the existing jumbo stud partitioning forming the perimeter of the existing office area.
- Constructing a new jumbo stud partitioning around the new mezzanine floor perimeter.
- Erecting new internal office partitioning creating a large open plan office with individual offices along one side of the wall.
- Installation of new suspended ceiling / lighting / emergency lighting / fire alarm modifications / flooring / cupboard walling /desks and general decoration works.
The work carried out transformed the first floor mezzanine into a very large, open working environment. There was plenty of natural light / storage space and 4 separate offices for department managers. We also managed to keep a section of existing office area with a designer curved suspended ceiling, and converted it from a drawing office room to a training and meeting room.